Empowerment for women starts by connecting, listening, and learning.
While our annual Leading Ladies Luncheon has become known as the largest pre-Derby event in Chicago, it’s really a platform for successful women to share their personal, behind-the-scenes accounts so that, together, women can lift each other up. From our ongoing Women’s Panel Series, fashion show, and keynote speeches to fireside chats with Leading Lady Honorees in business, health, education and community, this event exists to inform and inspire. Here we encourage self-expression in thought and fashion, with an emphasis on staying true to yourself, your passions, and the goals you seek to achieve. Because together we can, and we will.
- Largest pre-Kentucky Derby Luncheon in Chicago
- Our goal is to provide the knowledge and exposure other women need to lift up themselves and one another
- Together we’ve created a platform for successful women to share their personal stories and behind-the-scenes accounts
- It’s an event focused on overcoming obstacles standing between women and their success
- Includes fireside chat with leading women in the community, a fashion show, awards ceremony, and Derby-themed luncheon
- Keynote Speech serves to inspire women to pursue their passions, stay true to their personalities, and seize opportunities as they arise
- Awards for Leading Lady Honorees in Business, Education, Health & Community
- Our fashion show aims to encourage women to be their most beautiful and confident with staple pieces that make a bold statement
- Self-expression through choice of Derby hat and floral print widely encouraged
- Bonus: as a spinoff to our Mother’s Day Initiative, we’ll be introducing our first ever Women’s Panel Series in 2019, with a focus on Women in Tech, Business, Law, Media, Culinary, and STEMS