• 2018 •
Mother’s Day InitiativesW Chicago – City Center
Leading Ladies LuncheonFocusing on tomorrow’s educators, entrepreneurs, healthcare professionals, and community leaders, this annual Pre-Derby Luncheon serves to inspire women by introducing them to the work of our Leading Ladies Honorees and the latest fashion trends for professional women. Featuring a VIP Discussion Panel moderated by Kendra Chaplin, founder of Chicago Woman Magazine, as well as a keynote address by DERMAFLASH founder Dara Levy, this 2018 event delivered insights, camaraderie and newfound confidence to women pursuing their passions.
Mother’s Day MakeoversDuring our 2018 Mother’s Day Makeover Event we provided over 250 mothers in Chicago with transformational makeovers. That’s one hundred more single mothers, military veterans & spouses, cancer survivors, and working women than we were able to serve the previous year. In addition to full makeup and hair services donated by local stylists and makeup artists, participating mothers also received a new outfit and accessories from our sponsors. By the end of the event, each woman was ready for her next job interview, along with a professional headshot for LinkedIn and other job boards.
Photo + Video Gallery
Leading Ladies Luncheon Recap
Mother’s Day Makeovers 2018
MANY THANKS TO
W Chicago – City Center
Offering more than 300 rooms featuring cutting-edge design, the W Chicago – City Center is mere steps from the cultural heart of downtown Chicago. From Willis Tower, the Chicago Art Institute and Millennium Park to State Street shopping and the city’s famed theatre district, this sprawling hotel offers the best of modern luxury. Featuring high-tech meeting spaces, a contemporary restaurant, and a beautiful banquet room, the W Chicago – City Center is dramatic, romantic, and absolutely stunning.
The sponsors for our 2018 event included W Chicago – City Center Hotel, W Chicago – Lakeshore Hotel, A Better Day with Julie, Lifeway Foods, Inc., Windsor’s Lift Body Center, Inspire All Media, Words by Sørensen, Sonya Martin Photography, M2 Boutique, Mane Space, City Girl Weddings & Events, The Frock Shop, Lord & Taylor, Eloquii, Banana Republic, Generation Bliss, Salon 1800, Le Calme Salon, Cage + Aquarium, Essie, Chicago Woman Magazine, Vanille, Chicago Ave Salon, KS Style Consulting, Masine & Co., All Dressed Up with Nothing to Drink, Benefit Cosmetics, Priv, and Bliss.
VIP Discussion Panel:
Moderated by Kendra Chaplin of Chicago Woman Magazine:
- Diana Palomar, Vice President of Community Affairs for ABC 7 Chicago
- Lillian Lazu, Principal of Little Village Academy
- Dr. Jessica Shepherd, OB/GYN and founder of Her Viewpoint
- Katlin Smith, CEO of Simple Mills
During the Luncheon:
- Emceed by Dr. Nita Landry, Co-host of the Emmy-award winning talk show The Doctors
- Keynote Address by Dara Levy, the founder of DERMAFLASH
- Fashion show hosted by Tanja Babich, anchor of ABC 7 Chicago Eyewitness News in the Morning
Awards Presented to:
- Leading Lady in Community: Diana Palomar, Vice President of Community Affairs for ABC 7 Chicago
- Leading Lady in Education: Lillian Lazu, Principal of Little Village Academy
- Leading Lady in Health: Dr. Jessica Shepherd, OB/GYN and founder of Her Viewpoint
- Leading Lady in Business: Katlin Smith, CEO of Simple Mills
- Corporate Partner Award: Lifeway Foods
- Corporate Partner Award: Windsor’s Lift Body Center