GOAL: Spreading cheer in our neighborhoods.
This upcoming December, the Daisie Foundation will transform our annual Holiday Outreach into what we’re calling our Random Acts of Kindness Initiative/Sprinkle of Joy—a new effort designed to address social distancing challenges while expanding our mission of service beyond Chicago by engaging with communities in Houston, TX.
In these difficult times, we remain committed to making a difference in communities that lack access to critical resources and which have been disproportionately affected by the pandemic. Daisie volunteers visiting deserving neighborhoods in both Chicago and Houston to spread holiday cheer and surprise residents with ten random acts of kindness in ten days. We will drop into stores and gas stations to pay for the groceries and gasoline of those in need, gifted essential items to deserving families at women’s shelters and toys to children in hospitals and foster homes, and arranged Secret Santa pop-ups at retail outlets and so much more.
The areas we are visiting in Chicago included, but not limited to are: Austin, Grand Crossing, Humboldt Park, Lawndale, Little Village, Roseland, and West Garfield Park; and in Houston: Denver Harbor, Downtown, East End, Fifth Ward, Greater Third Ward, MacGregor, and Sunnyside.
- Largest pre-Kentucky Derby Luncheon in Chicago
- Our goal is to provide the knowledge and exposure other women need to lift up themselves and one another
- Together we’ve created a platform for successful women to share their personal stories and behind-the-scenes accounts
- It’s an event focused on overcoming obstacles standing between women and their success
- Includes fireside chat with leading women in the community, a fashion show, awards ceremony, and Derby-themed luncheon
- Keynote Speech serves to inspire women to pursue their passions, stay true to their personalities, and seize opportunities as they arise
- Awards for Leading Lady Honorees in Business, Education, Health & Community
- Our fashion show aims to encourage women to be their most beautiful and confident with staple pieces that make a bold statement
- Self-expression through choice of Derby hat and floral print widely encouraged
- Bonus: as a spinoff to our Mother’s Day Initiative, we’ll be introducing our first ever Women’s Panel Series in 2019, with a focus on Women in Tech, Business, Law, Media, Culinary, and STEMS
More information to come!